DISCLAIMER: This content is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal, accounting, tax, HR, or other professional advice. You are responsible for your own compliance with laws and regulations. You should contact your attorney or other relevant advisor for advice specific to your circumstances.
No neighborhood is complete without a pizzeria. They’re a cornerstone of American food culture, and in many cities, you’ll find one on every block. If you’re looking to start your own pizzeria business serving up pizza, subs, salads and more, now’s a great time to do it.
One of the first steps in building your business is choosing the right restaurant name. It’ll be attached to your branding forever, and lead people to your business. That means your pizzeria’s name has to be something you love and one that represents your business effectively.
Here are four major steps for identifying the right name for your pizzeria, along with ideas to further inspire your new and exciting business venture!
How do I choose a pizzeria business name?
It all starts with brainstorming. Here are a few ideas to jumpstart your name idea-generating process:
- Write down your vision for your pizzeria business, focusing on its mission and core values
- Make sure your pizzeria business name isn’t already taken
- Play around with a name generator to spark new ideas
- Reach out to your community for name ideas
What are good pizzeria business names?
A great pizzeria name is unique to your business. It should stick in the minds of your patrons, reminding them of your brand and representing your personality. Your pizzeria name should also reflect what goods and services your business offers. It should be simple to remember and to spell, so that potential patrons can easily find you on Google or social media.
1. Write down your vision for your pizzeria business
Start thinking about your mission statement, which describes who you are, why you’re here, and what you plan to accomplish as a new enterprise in your community. These details will all be a major influence on your business’ name. Then use the exercise below to get your creative juices flowing.
Grab a pen and paper and write down the following:
- The kind of food you’ll be offering
- Your core values and mission
- The personality and vibe of your pizzeria
- Adjectives you’d use to describe your pizzeria
- Your name (and the name of your business partners, if any)
- Any family names that are important to you
- The neighborhood or town where your pizzeria will be located
The purpose of this exercise is to pull out words and phrases that describe your business, which may make up part or all of its name.
When you run out of things to add, go back and read over your list of words and phrases, circling your favorites. These will all be building blocks for your future pizzeria’s name.
2. Choose a name that isn’t already taken
Needless to say, it’s important to make sure your pizzeria’s name doesn’t already exist. Once you've settled on a handful of contenders, run each one through the following resources to ensure they aren’t already in use by existing businesses.
- Google search
- Google My Business
- The Yellow Pages
- The Better Business Bureau
- The United States Patent and Trademark Office’s Trademark database search
Be thorough with your research, as copyright infringement can come with steep penalties. To learn more about copyright infringement, visit Copyright.gov.
3. Use a name generator to spark new ideas.
To get through writer’s block, name generators are an excellent tool to inspire different word combinations you hadn’t considered before.
Some generators ask for guidance in the form of keywords, while others simply assemble random combinations of words. No matter the generator, it’s good to have your keyword shortlist on hand.
Sure, some of the suggested names and combos will be unusable. But, they’ll still help you determine what you like and what you don’t.
Pizzeria Business Name Generators to Use
- Namelix Restaurant Name Generator
- Buzztime Restaurant Name Generator
- Fantasy Name Generators' Restaurant Name Generator
- Business Name Generator
- Kopywriting Kourse Restaurant Name Generator
4. Reach out to your community for pizzeria business name ideas
Most people who start pizzerias do so to create something special for their community. One way to do this is by building a relationship with locals from day one. Asking your community to contribute to the name brainstorming process is a fantastic way to build your relationship, and will get them excited for your launch.
Social media is an excellent platform for community-building. You can reach out through social media, using strategic posts and engagement. Think about asking your community to suggest names or vote on your favorites through Instagram or Facebook posts and stories.
To build traction around your social media posts, consider including a raffle, giveaway, or future discounts for those who participate. Get creative with this! The more unique and special your offer, the more likely people will contribute their name ideas.
50 Real Pizzeria Business Name Ideas to Inspire You
Taking some name inspiration from successful pizzerias is never a bad idea. These names can help you identify the theme and style you’re going for. Do you want your name to be creative? To rhyme? Or just be funny? No matter what style you’re aiming for, these established pizzeria names will lend a hand in your pizzeria naming process.
Here are 50 of the best pizzeria business names around the country:
Creative Pizzeria Business Names
- CutiePies Pizza & Bar – Dallas, TX
- Five Squared Pizza – Chicago, IL
- Slim & Husky's Pizza Beeria – Nashville, TN
- Hail Mary Pizza – Los Angeles, CA
- Dough Box Los Angeles – Los Angeles, CA
- Danny Boy's Famous Original Pizza – Los Angeles, CA
- Jupiter – San Francisco, CA
- Black Cat Bar & Grill – Absecon, NJ
- Holy Tomato – Blackwood, NJ
- Great Plains Sauce and Dough Company – Ames. IA
- Pizza Rock – Las Vegas, NV
- Nice Guys Pizza and Beer – Cape Coral, FL
Unique Pizzeria Business Names
- Joe & Pat’s – New York, NY
- Southside Flying Pizza – Austin, TX
- Adrienne’s Pizzabar – New York, NY
- Juliet – Austin, TX
- Bungalow by Middle Brow – Chicago, IL
- Pizza King – Council Bluffs, IA
- Zipp's Pizzaria – Adair, IA
- Vito & Nick’s – Chicago, IL
- Hot Daisy Pizza – Phoenix, AZ
- Fire Engine Pizza Co – Bridgeport, CT
- Your Pie – Wilmington, NC
Rhyming or Alliterative Pizzeria Business Names
- Patsy’s Pizza – New York, NY
- Pinthouse Pizza – Austin, TX
- Milly's Pizza in the Pan – Chicago, IL
- Paulie Gee's Crescent City Slice Shop – New Orleans, LA
- Oak Oven – New Orleans, LA
- Pitchfork Pizza Parlor – Goodlettsville, TN
- PennePazze – Nashville, TN
- Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana – Scottsdale, AZ
- People’s Pizza – Cherry Hill, NJ
- Prima Pizza Kitchen – Somerville, NJ
- Thirsty Fellow – Columbia, SC
- Pure Pizza – Charlotte, NC
- The Brew Brothers – Reno, NV
Funny Pizzeria Business Names
- Mama’s Too! – New York, NY
- Home Slice – Austin, TX
- Villa Idiot Pizza – Columbia, SC
- Pieous – Austin, TX
- Three Guys From Italy – Kenilworth, NJ
- Fat Baby’s Pizza – Hilton Head Island, SC
- Hot Tomato – Myrtle Beach, SC
- Pizza Friendly Pizza – Chicago, IL
- Pizza Fried Chicken Ice Cream – Chicago, IL
- The Crazy Italian Pizzeria – New Orleans, LA
- Crust Fund Pizza – Chicago, IL
- Hot Italian – San Francisco, CA
- Lazy Moon – Orlando, FL
- Flat Earth Pizza – Carson City, NV
Pizzeria Name? Check.
Once you’ve picked your name, it’s time to take the next steps towards pizzeria success. That means building your business plan and plotting the path forward. Soon enough, you’ll be the go-to spot for the best pizzas in town.