The Best Bakery Apps To Make Your Business Stand Out
What are some of the best bakery apps?
Some of the best bakery apps to improve your operations include:
Competition is fierce with over 2,800 commercial bakeries and 6,000 retail bakeries in the United States. Whether you’re a home baker or run a storefront of baked goods, there are free apps that can help your baking business thrive. You can improve your operations and marketing all from your iPhone with these top apps. And, along the way, you can also gain inspiration for your own app from these bakery mobile apps.
Follow us along as we trek through the app store on a mission to find the best apps that are both user-friendly and helpful to your small business. In this article, we’ll dive into the best bakery apps in 2024 and why they’re useful.
Bakery Menu Templates
The 13 top bakery apps
Discover the best apps to help your bakery with everything from cake decorating to social media, whether you have an Android or an iOS device.
Bakery apps to help your operations
1. Bakesy - Coming in hot with Bakesy, an app for managing your business at your fingertips. Bakesy helps make the business side of your creative work easy and convenient, so you can spend more time doing the things that you love. Available on both the Apple Store (4.9 star rating) and Google Play (4.7 star rating), this is truly your all-in-one solution for your bakery store. Some top features include:
Custom order form creation
And much more!
2. Bake Diary - Bake Diary is an online application that runs in the browser of your laptop, tablet, or mobile device and behaves just like an app does. Bake Diary makes the admin side of your business easy with cake pricing and order management capabilities. Some features this online bakery app has to offer include:
Cake Pricing Calculator
Online payment capabilities
And so much more!
3. Toast Takeout - Toast Takeout is an online ordering pickup or delivery app available for all Toast customers. Available on both the Apple store (4.9 star rating) and Google Play (4.7 star rating), this app enables local customers to place orders at your bakery. With Toast Takeout your customers can:
Pay in seconds
Pick up in-store or get delivered
For more information click here.
4. Toast Now - On the topic of Toast, make sure to check out our newest app, Toast Now. This app provides your bakery with real-time reporting from your smartphone. Some Toast Now top features include:
Control of delivery channels
Easy toggle between locations
With Toast Now you can get live sales and labor data, manage your delivery channels, and communicate with your team, all from your mobile phone. Experience freedom like never before. For more information check out this article.
5. Cake Boss - Not exactly an app, but Cake Boss is the original home bakery business management software. This innovative software combines the ease of use of standard business management software with the specific features that you need as a baker. Some of Cake Boss’ top features include:
And much more!
6. Beli - Beli is a great option to check on feedback. Beli is an app where guests track what restaurants they’ve tried, what their favorite menu items were, and what similar spots they should try. This is the perfect app for your bakery to gain insight into what’s working – and what’s not. You can check out people’s ratings of your menu and what their favorites are – this information can help you run promotions, update your menu, and so much more.
Bakery Opening & Closing Checklist
Bakery apps to inspire your business
Beyond the software and apps that can help your business, many can inspire it.
7. Sprinkles - By now, you’ve probably heard of Sprinkles Cupcakes. Sprinkles is a bakery with locations in 9 states. They now offer an app that makes ordering cupcakes more convenient for their customers. The app is available on both the App Store (4.1 star rating) and Google Play (4.1 star rating) and offers the following features:
Sprinkles Perks loyalty program
Pickup or delivery options
Nationwide shipping options
Delivery tracking in real-time
8. Kneaders - If your business focuses less on sweets and more on bread, consider checking out the Kneaders app for inspiration. This app is available on both the Apple Store (4.8 star rating) and Google Play (4.7 star rating). Although this app has many features, the star of the show is Kneaders Rewards. This loyalty program includes the following:
A free dessert just for signing up
A reward on your birthday
Points redemption for free items
Exclusive menu offerings
And more! Check out the complete details here.
9. Panera Bread - We couldn’t forget Panera! Also known for its loyalty program, this app is available on the Apple Store (4.9 star rating) and Google Play (4.3 star rating). The MyPanera rewards program includes:
Early access to new menu items
You can find more information here.
Cafe and Bakery POS Comparison Tool
Bakery apps to market your business
With great competition comes great marketing. These apps can help bakeries simplify this process and get the word out about your amazing business.
10. MailChimp - Email marketing is a great wait to establish your bakery brand. Whether you’re just starting out or have been around for years, MailChimp gives you the ability to create campaigns that will reach your target audience. Mailchimp is a marketing automation and email marketing platform.
This app gives you the ability to create a customer journey that enables you to map out personalized experiences based on how people interact with your business. If you’re interested in email marketing, especially to announce weekly or monthly specials, MailChimp is a great app for you.
11. Instagram - Your demographic will vary based on factors like where you’re located, what you offer, and your overall brand. Instagram gives you a simple way to interact with your target audience and the ability to market directly to them. You can share your daily specials & happenings on your story, unique behind-the-scenes looks at how you operate, and even share your menu if you routinely switch things up.
12. X (formally known as Twitter) - Having an established social media presence for your business is all about engaging with your customers. X is a great platform for interacting with your followers. You can tweet out what’s happening at your bakery that day, and then respond to follow-up questions. This app is a great option for your regulars to follow to keep up with your events, specials, and promotions.
13. TikTok - TikTok is a video creation and sharing app, where users love to post about and discover new food businesses. Over the last few years, consumer trends have pointed to a few popular bakery specials that do extremely well, no matter the location.
Some of the trendiest bakery TikTok videos in 2024 feature:
Content acting out “usuals” and their orders
Bakers creating beautiful breads and sweets
Behind-the-scenes footage of a busy day in the life as a baker
Bakeries that offer free wifi and working spaces
Amazing-looking breakfast sandwiches
Capture video footage of your most popular offerings and post them on the TikTok app. This is where foodies go to discover new, delicious offerings. It only takes one strong TikTok to go completely viral. It’s worth a shot!
Toast for bakeries
Use these apps to help improve your day-to-day while also inspiring you. It’s crucial to stay up to date with modern cafe technology and use a POS system that can keep up the morning rush. Toast offers solutions built for every budget. Check out how Toast can start streamlining your operations today here. Also, check out these related articles for your bakery business:
Bakery Business Plan Template
Is this article helpful?
DISCLAIMER: This information is provided for general informational purposes only, and publication does not constitute an endorsement. Toast does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any information, text, graphics, links, or other items contained within this content. Toast does not guarantee you will achieve any specific results if you follow any advice herein. It may be advisable for you to consult with a professional such as a lawyer, accountant, or business advisor for advice specific to your situation.