Learn how to configure the settings for the Toast TakeOut app, which is available for both iOS and Android devices. Guests can use the app to search and find Toast restaurants near them. They can filter by restaurant name, cuisine type and/or location. Add your restaurant profile to Toast Takeout to give your restaurant a new channel to attract guests and drive order volume.
Make sure to download Toast TakeOut here.
1. Once you have downloaded Toast TakeOut, login to toasttab.com and navigate to the Other Setup section. Select Toast TakeOut App.
2. Choose Opt in to the Toast TakeOut App and decide whether you'd like to advertise the Toast TakeOut app on your Online Ordering page.
3. To upload a new Restaurant List Image, select Choose Image and select a new .png file to upload from your computer.
Note: For this image, Toast recommends a high-definition image of food. This image should be 400px by 400px or higher.
4. Edit your Restaurant List Display Name and Restaurant List Description by entering text into the corresponding fields below. We recommend keeping this text short, sweet and to-the-point.
5. Change your Cuisine Type by selecting a pre-existing category or entering a custom 1 - 2 word description of your restaurant's wares. Remember, this information will help categorize your restaurant in the app and recommend it to guests searching for that cuisine in their area.
Use Existing Cuisine Category:
Enter a New Cuisine Type:
6. When finished, be sure to Save your changes.
Note: If at any time you wish to remove your restaurant listing from the Toast TakeOut app, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Opt Out of the Toast TakeOut App.
Remember that at this time, many customers might be looking for curbside pickup when placing an online order. If you haven't set this up yet, you can do so in Chapter 1 under Configuring Curbside Pickup.