Discover frequently asked questions for Toast Now: Digital Ordering.
1. To turn online ordering on or off, navigate to the Online Ordering section under the Other Setup header after logging into toasttab.com.
2. To enable Online Ordering, select Accept online orders under the Toggle Online Ordering header.
To disable Online Ordering, select Don’t accept online orders.
To snooze orders, select Snooze online orders temporarily.
3. Then Save and Publish your changes.
1. Navigate to the Takeout / Delivery section under the Other Setup header.
2. Under the Delivery Enabled? section, select Enable Delivery. This must be enabled for your restaurant to use Delivery.
Note: Toast’s Online Ordering system considers takeout a standard default service. Once Online Ordering is turned on, there is no way to disable the takeout dining option
3. Next, you’ll see the Takeout Customer Information section. Here, you can select your desired takeout customer information setting from the following choices:
4. Navigate to the Receipt Printing section. Here, you can choose which set of customer details, if any, you would like to print for both Takeout and Delivery receipts. Depending on your selection, staff will be prompted to enter this information in upon placing takeout and delivery orders. The guest's information will be saved to their customer profile.
5. Next, you will need to select a setting for your guests billing information under the Billing Customer section. Note that this only applies to Delivery Orders.
You can select from the following options:
1. Navigate to the Takeout / Delivery section under the Other Setup header of Toast Now and under the Delivery Fee section, select Configure delivery service fees.
2. You'll then be directed to the Service Charges page - select the +Add button.
3. From here, a new screen will appear where you'll need to set the following settings:
When Delivery? is set to Yes, the Waive and Delivery Distance Threshold options will appear:
You can now set up multiple delivery fees and also choose whether or not they are considered service charges or gratuities. You can also set up multiple mileage-based service charges and the delivery zones around your restaurant.
You can also use Toast's built-in map feature to establish your restaurant's delivery area. If your restaurant will have a maximum delivery area, use the following steps:
1. Navigate to the Takeout / Delivery section under the Other Setup header of Toast Now.
2. Scroll to the Delivery Area section. Your restaurant location is identified by the green pin.
3. Select anywhere on the map to create a red pin, which is used to designate the delivery area limit. You can add as many red pins as needed and the pins can be dragged to adjust the delivery area as needed. The territory within the delivery area will be highlighted in blue.
4. Toast will compare the set delivery area to to your restaurant's address when an on-site or online delivery order is created to automatically allow or deny the order from being placed.
Note: Use the Reset Delivery Area or Reset Map Location to revert the map to the original location/delivery area.
5. Then Save and Publish your changes.
Your Online Ordering link, also known as your Toast Tab Page URL, can be found by navigating to the Restaurant Info section under the Marketing header of Toast.
Navigate to the Toast Tab Page section to find your Toast Tab Page URL. This is the link to your online ordering website and it can be copied and pasted into your Toast Tab Page URL and added to your restaurant's website and social media platforms.
Note: Remember to include “http://toasttab.com/” before your Toast Tab Page URL.
You can also find your Online Ordering Website link by selecting Help on the Digital Orders page. Then, select Online Ordering Configuration.
From here, the link will be located at the top of this page.
To find your digital orders, navigate to the Digital Orders section under the Manager header of Toast Now.
Select Active Orders to view your digital orders.
To print digital orders, select a specific order to open the order details. From here, you have the option to Print Receipt or print the order details in PDF format by selecting Print Page in the bottom-left corner.
If your restaurant has email notifications setup for incoming orders, you can also print the order from your email.
When an order is sent through either Toast Takeout or your Online Ordering page, two things happen at the restaurant. A notification email is sent to a predetermined email address and the order populates in Toast.
All orders will update in real-time through the Toast dashboard. Upon receiving the order, a restaurant may elect to either manually transfer incoming Toast orders to their existing POS or manage Toast orders separately via the web dashboard.
You can either enter the order into your existing POS and have tickets fire or you can utilize a tablet in the BOH to keep track of received orders.
1. Navigate to the Contact Settings section under the Other Setup header of Toast Now.
2. Under the Email Lists header, select + Create Email List and name it appropriately. For example, “New Orders.”
3. Select Add External Email and add the email address you want to use to monitor incoming orders. For example, you could use the manager's email address.
4. Select the email address from the Incoming Orders dropdown menu.
5. Select Save in the top right corner.
6. It's recommended that a tablet or computer is set up at your front of house to have access to the email from Step 3's inbox as you'll get an email with order details when a new order is placed.
1. Navigate to the Contact Settings section under the Other Setup header and select Contact Settings.
2. To add more users to the designated digital ordering email, select Add External Email.
3. From here, you can add new members to the email list.
Note: Delivery Orders will also need to be assigned an email list. This can be the same email list or you can create a different email list for Delivery only.
Each order will have the guest’s email address and phone number. If there’s an issue with the order, give the guest a call.
If you can't make an order, we recommend calling the guest directly and letting them know. To Void the order, use the following steps:
1. Navigate to the Help tab and select Find Check.
2. From here, your check can be found by entering in any of the following information:
3. Select the check and under the Actions menu, select Void.
1. Navigate to the Help tab and select Find Check.
2. From here, you can search for the check you’d like to refund.
3. Select the check and under the Actions menu, select Refund.
This isn’t supported with Toast Now. However, you can adjust the payment amount up or down to account for order changes. The payment can be adjusted under the Find Check section.
Toast Now uses a standard web browser to live update with real-time orders on ANY device, such as a laptop, iPad, Android tablet, Chromebook or smartphone. All orders are auto-approved and auto-firing occurs in the cloud without any need for local hardware.