Run Your Restaurant Efficiently
Grow Your Business Online
Manage a Productive Team
Attract & Retain Your Guests
Access Capital & Financing
Built for Restaurants
Toast is designed for restaurant success. Customize Toast to fit the needs of your restaurant type.
Get a firsthand look at what your guests will see when they order online through the Toast TakeOut app or purchase e-gift cards. Navigate to the product you purchased to see it in action.
1. As a guest, from the online ordering page, you’ll first be prompted to select between Pickup and Delivery dining options.
Note, if Delivery is selected, you will need to first enter a Delivery Address before moving on to the next step.
In addition, the ability for guests to schedule future orders will not be available at this time, hence its grayed-out appearance.
2. Then, select Start Order.
3. Use the Menu dropdown to select a menu you wish to order from.
4. Then, use menu groups if applicable to narrow down your search.
5. All menu items will be listed below and any item images or descriptions can be viewed in closer detail once selected.
Main Menu View:
Item Detail View:
6. After an item is selected, follow the prompts to select any required or optional modifiers. If necessary, special instructions can also be added in the field at the bottom of the order details window.
7. When finished, select Add to Cart to add the item to your Cart on the right side of the online ordering page.
8. If you need to make any changes, select Edit below the order entry. The item details window will reappear and you can make a change to your order or remove the item by selecting Remove Item.
9. After you have finished adding your order to your cart, select Checkout.
10. Follow the prompts to enter your personal information, delivery information (if applicable), payment method, promo code (if applicable) and tip.
11. When finished, select Submit at the bottom of the page. The page will reload with an order confirmation that indicates when your order will be delivered or ready for pick up.
1. As a guest, from the Toast TakeOut app (available on both iOS and Android), select the address field to enter a desired address or use your current location.
2. Once entered, the app will recommend restaurants near your entered address or the search field can be used to recommend nearby restaurants based on cuisine type.
3. Select a restaurant to access it’s menu page.
4. Scroll down to browse through the various menu groups or use the toggles at the top of the page to navigate quickly to a desired item.
5. Once the item is selected, you will be prompted to select a modifier option if applicable. If extra preparation instructions or special requests are necessary, enter them in the Special Requests field.
6. Select Add to Cart.
7. You will then get a chance to review your current order, double check the restaurant’s address and fulfillment time as well as have the opportunity to enter a promo code for a discount.
If this is your first time using the Toast TakeOut app, you will also be prompted to enter a payment method for your order.
8. Then, select Place Order.
9. The page will reload with an order confirmation that indicates when your order will be ready for pick up.
To get a full picture of the Toast TakeOut experience, download the app here.
1. As a guest, from the restaurant’s unique gift card purchase page, enter a dollar value for the gift card in the Amount field.
2. Then, enter a name for the recipient in the To field and your name in the From field. If you would like, you can also leave an optional note to the recipient in the Message section.
3. Then, determine whether the e-gift card should be delivered via text to the recipient’s phone number or to their email address.
4. Next to Delivery Date, use the dropdown to select whether the e-gift card should be delivered immediately or on a future date. If a future date is selected, you will be prompted to enter and date and time for the e-gift card to be sent.
5. At the bottom of the page, you will be able to see a sample of your e-gift card in the Preview section.
6. When you’re ready to proceed with your e-gift card, select the reCAPTCHA checkbox to confirm you are not a robot and either Add Another eGift Card to your purchase or continue to Check Out.
7. Enter your credit card information under the Payment Method section and then enter an email address or phone number that the E-Gift card receipt should be sent to.
8. If you’d like to be notified when the recipient opens the e-gift card, select the checkbox under the receipt information.
9. When finished, select Place Order to purchase the e-gift card. The page will reload with a confirmation of your order and you will receive a receipt to the phone number or address submitted.