Discover frequently asked questions about Toast Now.
Toast Now a digital-only offering from Toast that allows restaurants to set up services like online ordering, a mobile app, contactless delivery, and e-gift cards. This is available for three months free.
There are three versions of Toast Now that your restaurant can choose from:
Toast Now Digital Ordering includes Toast Online Ordering, Toast TakeOut and Basic Delivery.
Toast Now is a solution for ALL restaurants, regardless of whether they use Toast POS, to quickly implement off-premise ordering channels to open new revenue streams during this uncertain time. If your restaurant is interested in Toast Now, you do NOT need to be a current Toast POS or Toast Payroll customer.
Nothing! No Toast POS or Toast hardware purchase is required to use Toast Now. These are standalone product offerings.
No, Toast Now is a standalone solution for ALL restaurants, regardless of whether they are current Toast POS or Toast Payroll customers.
After the first three months, restaurants who choose not to cancel will be charged monthly to continue the service. The Toast Now pricing is:
Toast's standard processing rate for card-not-present is 3.5% + $0.15 (includes typed-in transactions) and covers all processing costs including fees charged by credit card companies like Visa, Discover and Mastercard. We utilize real-time enhanced fraud protection for all e-commerce transactions and industry-standard encryption and tokenization technologies to protect your customers' data. There are no hidden fees, no monthly minimums and no additional fees to process a gift card redemption.
The payments' data powers your loyalty and marketing. By combining integrated processing with guest-facing technology, you are able to better understand who your customer is, reward them, and engage them through Toast loyalty and marketing tools.
Yes, we have you covered with real-time enhanced fraud protection for all e-commerce transactions and also utilize industry-standard encryption and tokenization technologies to protect your customers' data. Our dedicated Fraud Team is also here if you have any questions.
Credit card batches that are created before 9:30 p.m. ET are deposited into your bank account the next business day. If you batch after that, you will receive funds the following business day.
I filled out my information, now where do I find it?
To find this information in Toast, follow the steps below:
Your Restaurant Name is located in the Restaurant Info section under the Marketing section of Toast.
Your personal name and email address that you provided on the template can be found in the My Account tab located in the top-right of the page.
Using the schedule entered on the menu template, our team will enter your online ordering hours in the Online Ordering Schedule section of Toast. Here, we can determine whether the hours entered should be applicable for Delivery and/or Takeout dining options.
If you want to view your Online Ordering hours:
1. Navigate the Online Ordering Schedule section under the Other Setup header in Toast.
2. Under the Online Ordering Hours section, you can view the hours you submitted on the menu template. To make an update, select Edit for the day you'd like to change. We recommend you stop taking Online Orders 1-2 hours prior to close to ensure you fulfill all orders.
3. To apply the same hours to other days of the week, select the day(s) under Apply hours to.
4. Schedules can also be edited to include days that you are closed by selecting the Closed all day box.
5. Then select Update to save your changes.
Note: This section is used to schedule hours for both takeout and delivery, if delivery is enabled for your restaurant.
1. Navigate to the Tax Rates section under the Payments header in Toast.
2. Here, you can view the State Tax and Local Tax information you provided in the menu template (if applicable).
1. To view or edit your restaurant's logo, navigate to the Restaurant Info section under the Marketing header in Toast.
2. Here, you can view and edit your Restaurant Logo or add a Banner Image to appear to the top of your website.
Note: All images must be a .png file. Toast recommends following these guidelines:
3. Then Save and Publish your changes.