Learn how to configure and set takeout and delivery options live in your restaurant.
1. Navigate to the Other Setup header and select Takeout / Delivery.
2. Under the Delivery Enabled? section, select Enable Delivery. This setting must be enabled for your restaurant to use Delivery.
Note: Toast’s Online Ordering system considers takeout a standard default service. Once Online Ordering is turned on, there is no way to disable the takeout dining option.
3. Next, you’ll see the Takeout Customer Information section. Here, you can select the information you'd like to collect from takeout customers:
4. Navigate to the Receipt Printing header. Here, you can choose which set of customer details, if any, you would like to print for both Takeout and Delivery receipts.
5. From here, you will need to select a setting for your guests billing information under the Billing Customer section. Note that this only applies to Delivery Orders. The following options can be selected:
Note: This is the default setting and will cover the majority of orders placed. If you have customers that typically place orders to be delivered to someone else, please select one of the two other Customer Billing Prompt options below.
Both the second and third option allows for billing customer information to differ from delivery customer information (name, phone, address to deliver to).
Note: Billing customer information includes the name and phone number of the person billed for the order.
Next, you'll see the Delivery Fee section. This is where your restaurant can set up delivery service charges.
1. Select Configure delivery service fees.
2. You'll then be directed to the Service Charges page. From here, select + Add.
3. A new screen will appear where you will need to set the following settings:
4. In this Delivery Fee section you can set up delivery service charges for your restaurant.
You can now set up multiple delivery fees and also choose whether or not they are considered service charges or gratuities. You can also set up multiple mileage-based service charges and the delivery zones around your restaurant.
You can use Toast's built-in map feature to establish your restaurant's delivery area. If you would like to set maximum delivery areas for your restaurant, please follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to the Other Setup section in toasttab.com and select Takeout / Delivery.
2. Locate the Delivery Area header. Your restaurant location is identified by the green pin.
3. Select anywhere on the map to create a red pin, which is used to designate the delivery area limit.
4. You can add as many red pins as needed. Select and drag each pin to adjust the delivery area as needed. The territory within the delivery area will be highlighted in blue.
5. Toast will compare the set delivery area to a customer’s address when an on-site or online delivery order is created to automatically allow or deny the order from being placed.
Note: Use the Reset Delivery Area or Reset Map Location to revert the map to the original location/delivery area.
6. Don't forget to Save and Publish your changes.