The easy guide to smarter floor plans
Use these restaurant floor plan templates to get inspired as you map, or reimagine, the layout and space setup for your restaurant. Visualize how employees and guests will move through the restaurant space, and learn how technology has become an integral part of the restaurant floor plan today.
- Full service restaurant floor plan template: A free template showing you the layout and space setups for a general full service restaurant, with ideas that can be applied to other, similar restaurant types, including diners, bars, and dine-in pizzerias.
- Fast casual restaurant floor plan template: A free template showing you the layout and space setups for a general fast casual restaurant, with ideas that can be applied to other, similar restaurant types, including cafes, bakeries, and counter-service pizzerias.
What is a restaurant floor plan?
A restaurant floor plan is a map of your restaurant’s entire physical space, encompassing every element of your establishment and showing the relationship between rooms, spaces, physical features, equipment, and technology. It also helps you visualize how employees and guests will move through the space.
What are the layouts of a restaurant?
No matter what restaurant type, size, or location you have, every restaurant has a layout that includes some general areas like the entrance, a pickup station, the kitchen, the dining area, and restrooms.
How do I create a restaurant floor plan?
Floor plans can get pretty elaborate, tailored to fit permitting requirements as well as your own brand and aesthetics.
To create a floor plan yourself, you can use a floor plan software or work with a professional. Whether you're DIY-ing your floor plan or working with a pro, keep the following best practices in mind:
- Create a space for your staff where they can take comfortable breaks
- Depending on how food is delivered or served, create a natural flow for food to be served and think about how the kitchen connects to your end patrons
- Create inclusive seating options
- Consider lighting, theme, and ambiance
- Factor in your POS system and technology and how your staff will access them
Design a healthy, successful restaurant
When it comes to designing and organizing your restaurant space, there’s no such thing as one-size-fits-all, because every restaurant is unique. But there are guiding principles, and every restaurateur should have the same goals when structuring their restaurant’s layout: delight employees and guests, maximize operational efficiency, and, at the end of the day, increase profits.
Download the Restaurant Floor Plan Templates to get inspired as you work to bring your dream restaurant to life — whether you’re a new restaurant owner, opening a new location, expanding or evolving your business model, or looking to run a healthier business.