Winners include 1894 Lodge, Party Fowl, and Saucy Brew Works
BOSTON (August 29, 2017) – Toast, the all-in-one restaurant technology platform and one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the U.S., is pleased to announce the 2017 “Toasty Awards” winners, the first annual awards program that honors the hard work and ingenuity of the restaurant community. Recipients of the awards are: New Washington, Indiana’s 1894 Lodge for the “G.O.A.T. Staff” category, Nashville, Tennessee’s Party Fowl for the most “Selfie-able Decor” category, and, Saucy Brew Works for the “Masters of Technology” category.
Winning entries were selected based on votes via Survey Monkey and tweets that leveraged the hashtag #ToastyAwards17.1894 Lodge, Party Fowl and Saucy Brew Works each won the following prizes, valued at $5,000:
- Up to $1,500 in advertisements in their regional or local publication of choice
- $1,500 donation to No Kid Hungry in their name
- Three free months of Toast software
- Unique Toasty awards and badges for digital and physical storefronts
- Ice cream social for up to 25 staff members
- Press coverage from Toast’s social and content channels
“Our Toast customers are—without question—the hardest working group of restaurants in the U.S.; we were thrilled to be able to honor all of them and highlight a few with our first annual Toasty Awards program,” said Chris Comparato, CEO of Toast. “We look forward to seeing how the 2017 winners progress in the years ahead.”
Winners from each category were selected for embodying the following:
- G.O.A.T. (Greatest Of All Time) Staff: the Greatest Of All Time Staff award honors the people who go above and beyond the call of duty, delighting guests and truly shaping a standout experience
- Most Selfie-able Decor: from lighting fixtures to snazzy bathrooms, this award celebrates the business that knows the details are integral to the culture and guest experience
- Masters of Technology: an award for the restaurant that has mastered the use of modern technology and brought their business to new heights through innovation
Toast Restaurant POS offers advanced functionality to manage the day-to-day operations of the restaurant, including quick menu modifications, real-time enterprise reporting and labor management on an easy-to-use interface. The platform also features revenue-driving tools including physical and digital gift cards, loyalty programs, and online ordering.
A total of 30 finalists were selected from a pool of over 300 nominations submitted by the Toast community. Of those 30 finalists, there were over 3,000 votes, resulting in the 2017 winners. To learn more, see details here: https://pos.toasttab.com/toasty-awards-terms
Founded by Steve Fredette, Aman Narang and Jonathan Grimm, Toast is a restaurant technology platform that enables customers to simplify and streamline all elements of their operation and deliver a better guest experience. Toast offers a mobile, cloud-based point of sale system (POS) that easily integrates with front-of-house, back-of-house, online ordering, gift card and loyalty programs, as well as labor and sales reporting. Since launching in 2013, the company has grown to over 500 employees. In 2017, Toast was named one of the world’s hottest cloud computing companies in the Forbes Cloud 100 and raised $101M in Series C funding. Learn more at www.toasttab.com.
PR and Branding Manager